Subject: Codes in Hustler
Date: 27 Aug 94 21:36:29 -0500

>From the September issue of _Harper's_ magazine (note: *not* 
"Harper's Bazarr", which is a home-'n-fashion rag, but rather the 
media-review/hip-digest thing famous for its monthly review of 
off-beat statistics), a column of selected entries from the in-house 
stylebook of L.F.P. (Larry Flynt Press, publishers of _Hustler_, 
_Chic_, and other fine porn outlets).

Guides to recommended usage at Hustler (quoted from the _Harper's_
article) include:

aureola - Unless it has something to do with the sun or other round 
  object, it's *areola* - the dark area around the nipple.

boobiferous - Slang for *busty*.

deep-throat - Hypenate in all usages except in reference to the 
  classic porn film _Deep Throat_.

derriere - Do not use accent mark.

douchebag - Spell solid.  Exception to Webster's.

44s - Slang for *breasts*.  Weapons would be *.44s*.

Grafenberg spot - *G spot* is preferred.

hee-haws - Slang for *breasts*.

hilt, in to the - Ultimate penetration during sexual intercourse.

honeydews - Slang for large, well-shaped breasts.

jackoff (n. and adj.), jack-off (v.)

lovemaking - Noun only; the verb is *make love*.

lubejob; lube job - The first involves sex; the second involves 
  automobiles.

manchesters - Slang for *breasts*.

maximum-freedom panties [No notation given]

obscenities - In non-sexual matters (excepting quotes), do not overuse 
  four-letter words.  Exercise caution when taking the Lord's name in 
  vain (e.g., *Goddamn!*, *Jesus!*, *God!*).

orgasm - It's not a verb.  Use *come*, *reach climax*, etc.

Popsicle - Capitalize brand name.  Lowercase when used as slang for 
  *penis*.

porno (n. and adj.) - For the most part, use only in direct quotes.  
  *Porn* is the preferred term.

shinola - Lowercase unless referring to trademarked product.

69 - Use numerals unless it's the first word of a sentence.  Also 
  *69ing*, *69d*.

well-hung - Hyphenate in all contexts.

Well - now you know.  I expect to see adherence to standards around 
here from now on.

Kevin "hyphenated in all contexts" T. Keith