Subject: TOPY: Transmissions, Issue 0.01
From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 93 13:55:49 PST

I
                                 ---I---
                                   -I-
                                 ---I---
                                    I
                       Thee Temple ov Psychick Youth
                           OnLine Transmission I
                          TimeFix: Sept, 1990 EV
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Four more data: TOPY US:Box 18223:Denver:CO:80218
            or> Coyote129:Box 95438:Seattle:WA:98145-2438
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> ON THEE NATURE OV TOPY <

Thee ways ov TOPY are not thee ways ov other occult groups, for thee
Temple expresses in all ov its works and practices thee multiplicity
ov personalities and ideas ov those who form its network. We each
bring to thee Temple our individuality in thee knowledge that this is
our greatest gift and that thee Temple is open to all that is new, all
who are different, all that is unexplored. We are not reliant on thee
past for our authority for what we do, for we are the psychick
explorers ov today and all imagined and unimagined experiences and
skills have a place within our system. In this modern world, thee
greatest danger we face, a danger which is all around us, is
uniformity; thee stifling ov creative energy and life. Those who seek
to conform to a structure devised in other time, under other
con-ditions, are denying their own experience ov life as it IS. They
are prone to thee error ov denying thee natural process ov change, to
fall prey to the crippling enemy called Dogma.

    We accept no 'dogma', for that is thee imposition ov a be-lie-f
from outside that is held to be tru regardless ov thee evidence to
thee contrary.  Such inflexible 'truths' serve only to hold us back,
to exclude thee truly Individual who find their experience in
con-flict with the written tenet ov their 'faith'. Variety is stamped
out, development is stunted: Control remains unchallenged. Everythings
becoums a repitition ov what has gone before. They may tell us that
their ways have stood thee test ov time, but that is a lie for they
have done nothing but stand still in time, entrenched in thee dogma ov
an earlier age. "Not a word ov thee Sacred Text may be altered" they
say.  we say, "Rubbish!" Thee unchanged word is thee virus ov
constraint. Follow thee lead ov Brion Gysin and cut up thee word.

    Thee Temple uses every means at its disposal to break down thee
walls ov time, thee monuments and museums ov thee past. We storm thee
barricades ov con-ditioned thought to expand thee horizons ov thee
possible. Information equals Power, and the Secretary is thee way ov
control. Thee Temple rejects these ways ov thee past which shroud
knowledge in cloaks ov mystification.  We open thee door to thee
distribution and expansion of Information Wealth.

    Thee Temple is open to all. There is no'right and wrong', no
'correct' way.  We respect all but lies and hypocricy. all is valued
in the Temple; all that is ov thee Individual, all that expresses the
richness ov thee Self. We have no room for those who lie to, or about
themselves for they are choosing thee road to bitterness and
self-hate; to thee decay ov delusion.

    In the Temple we seek the Joy ov Life. We reclaim thee initiative
ov ACTION, ov EXPERIMENT, ov CREATIVITY. We release the Magickal
process from the chains ov thee past. We are thee Psychick Warriors ov
Love.

____________________________________________________________________________

> OCCULTURE <

   Culture could be defined as thee way we see ourselves, reflected in
our philosophy, laws, creative and spiritual aspirations and style ov
living. Thee overall blanket definition ov culture encompasses popular
culture, basically a sop to placate; youth culture, which is thee
arbiter ov change and thee culture based on the traditionally defined
roles, which is normally the province ov a self-perpetuating so-called
elite.

   As culture is the reflection, so "Occult" describes the underlying
or "Hidden" forces that subtly determine inspiration.

   "Occulture" fuses these two descriptions ov being, the term
implying a cataclysmic element. An integration between thee product
and that which inspires it. Thee laws ov Cause and Effect manifested.

   Occult energy, by its very nature, has for long been thee subject
ov much mystique. Access has often been hindered by self-appointed
guardians who misunderstood a basic rule - that thee receptacle can
only manifest thee energy that it is designed to recieve. A quote from
Crowley - "Refine thy Rapture" illustrates this concept. What is
basically meant is that our intake is governed by thee sensitivity,
knowledge, and strength that we have amassed at thee time. Unless
there is that in our structure which is developed enough to correspond
to a particular force, the force by-passes us, as gas by-passes an
electric plug. We are microcosmic in our being, but partial in our
realized consciousness.

   By combining occult and culture a more readily available access can
be made into understanding thee subtle pivot between thee two
definitions. Thus culture can be seen as less ov an arbitrary
phenomenon and thee occult less ov a mystery. Occulture pre-supposes a
tenable link, a link that can be seen in actuality by thee movements
and methods ov a people in motion.

   What makes up a society? E do not think that a heirarchial
peer-group structure, closely defined by a high materiality, truly
illustrates thee concept ov a society. A society posits a certain
amount ov structure, thee structure being actualized by thee
understanding ov certain physically defined archetypes that are
readily identifiable with thee human consciousness. Under the premise
ov thee "Readily Identifiable", material aims that soothe and placate
rather than inspire, are thee norm in society.

   There is an aspect of human consciousness that fears and is
antithetical to change. This type ov attitude is standard practice in
today's society - hostile to new ideas, transposing small aims and
commitments into great ones; a stifling ov progress and
exploration. Placebos take thee place ov thee real thing and
projection onto actuality dismisses reality as a jungle outside thee
borders ov human achievement. Inside these strict parameters
achievment becoums thee domain ov boredom.

   Thee things that harm us most are what we create
ourselves. Structure is helpful and parameters mark progress but
limits should be for definition, not a constriction ov freedom. Those
that restrict freedom are jailors. Those that jealously guard thee
"occult" lack knowledge ov a crucial point, that it is US - why should
we be denied access to ourselves?

   Via thee term "occulture" we can reach a greater degree in our
understanding ov what it is that motivates our actions. Culture,
ideally, is thee outward manifestation ov thee way in which we
understand thee totality ov our being and thee way in which it fits
with thee totality ov others' beings and thee universe we find
ourselves in. Occulture blends that with thee forces that fuel us.

   We are making tentative steps to separate thee lies ov illusion
from a more tenable reality. William Burroughs and Brion Gysin showed
us a way with thee idea ov "cut-ups". They saw words as being powerful
tools, both ov opression and liberation. By changing thee sequence ov
words they allow thee intuitive faculty ov the reader to coum into
play, and thee underlying meanings ov written statements, in a
paradoxical way, are revealed to us.  Like Zen poetry. Bringing a
release from thee hypnotic control that words can have for us. Giving
back their own power. Activating a new language for this time.
   
    Let us expand thee definitions ov our reality.